Victor Chase Legal Recruitment are seeking an ambitious Employment Solicitor (NQ+) to join an award winning, specialist firm based in Manchester. The Law firm is known for their ethical approach, innovative use of technology and their commitment to all their customers and colleagues.
- The team do a range of work for clients from SME to household name companies
- The work is exclusively respondent, and a blend of contentious and non-contentious matters including: recruitment, service agreements, executive terminations, unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE and outsourcing, redundancy and change management, restrictive covenants and complex grievance complaints
- In this role, you handle a mixed bag of employment matters and provide both tribunal and non-contentious advice
- They have a well-structured team and are looking to bring in another experienced Solicitor to the team.
Key duties include:
but are not limited too..
- Delivering legal support across a wide range of employment matters including equality and discrimination; disciplinary and grievance issues; reorganisations and redundancies; settlement agreements; restrictive covenants; TUPE and managing Tribunal claims
- Drafting, negotiating and interpreting contracts, agreements and policies and procedures
- Giving accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations
- Gaining an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Assisting in the preparation of seminars and workshops and presenting at such events
- Actively working to convert enquiries into new matters
- Supporting senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development
This role would suit people who have:
- post qualification experience as a solicitor
- experience in contentious employment law
- the ability to build meaningful professional relationships with a range of people
- the ability to comfortably use a case management system, and good general IT skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
To find out more about this role, please contact Harris at Victor Chase Legal Recruitment.